Realising Rehabilitation Potential Through Creativity
The Chroma Masterclasses will inspire, inform and demonstrate why and how the arts therapies, and Neurologic Music Therapy specifically work within neurological rehabilitation. Healthcare commissioners, experienced therapists and internationally recognised researchers, with a passion for showcasing rehabilitation will be presenting. Masterclasses are supported by case studies, video clips and handouts. We can also arrange 1-2-1 meetings with our Clinical Director, our Referrals Manager and other members of the senior team who can discuss your organisation’s therapy requirements. To do this please email: EuroNeuro@wearechroma.com (availability is limited)
As the UK’s leading provider of specialist Neurologic Arts Therapies services, Chroma’s team of 70 Neurologic Music Therapists (NMT), Art Psychotherapists and Dramatherapists work in partnership with rehabilitation centres of excellence, schools, case managers and solicitors across the UK.
At a Glance
- Understand the neuroscience research that underpins the Neurologic Music Therapy method
- Watch video-based case studies that highlight our qualitative and quantitative outcomes data
- Hear from hospitals on why they use Neurologic Music Therapy to enhance patient outcomes
- Listen to solicitors on why they use the creative but empirical Arts Therapies within rehabilitation
- Watch demonstrations of Neurologic Music Therapy methods related to specific rehabilitation goals
- Hear from Neurologic Arts Therapists about how they optimise shared treatment goals
Wednesday and Thursday
- 11:00 - Dr Anna Bukowska, The University of Physical Education in Krakow, Poland: Anna will be discussing her work and research as a Neurologic Music Therapist. This includes providing mobility and stability rehabilitation for patients living with Parkinson’s Disease, using a joint physiotherapy/neurologic music therapy approach. This Masterclass includes videos, handouts and demonstrations.
- 12:00 - Anna Menen Sanchez – Chroma & a Fellow of the Academy of Neurologic Music Therapy, USA: Anna will be presenting a number of Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT) case studies within the adult and paediatric populations. The case studies showcase how the certified NMT techniques work alongside more traditional rehabilitation approaches, and why music is such an effective core part of the MDT. This Masterclass includes videos and handouts.
- 13: 00 -Rachel O’Neill, Neurological Clinical Lead Occupational Therapist, Hobbs Rehabilitation, UK. Rachel will be discussing how the Neurological Multidisciplinary team including OT, Physio, Speech and Language and Neuro Psychology have worked collaboratively with Neurologic Music Therapists within the inpatient setting to achieve our client’s rehabilitation goals. This includes mobility, improvements in Activities of Daily Living and reduced anxiety. One of the significant outcomes has been how care dependency has been reduced through education and a 24 hour approach to the use of music and music therapy into day to day care settings within the clinical and home / community environments.This presentation will include videos, clinical demonstrations and handouts as to how complex neurological clients have successfully achieved their rehabilitation goals. Hobbs rehabilitation provide specialist Neurological rehabilitation in a variety of settings including inpatient, outpatient and the community.
- 14:00 - Claire Dunsterville, Head of Rehabilitation HCA Healthcare UK and Toria Chan, Clinical Director, Steps Rehabilitation: Claire and Toria will be discussing why HCA Healthcare UK and Steps Rehabilitation use Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT) to enhance patient outcomes within their distinct settings. Members of the MDTs from both organisations will be on hand to talk about how joint working across modalities (NMT & PT for example) enables patients to better engage with their own rehabilitation. The Masterclass will also address issues around balancing clinical effectiveness and cost efficiency within rehabilitation settings.
- 15:00 - Caroline Klage, Partner and Head of Child Brain Injury at Bolt Burdon Kemp: Caroline will bring the legal perspective to the Masterclass series, by highlighting how they use the arts therapies to support their clients. Using client testimonials, and input from case managers, the presentation will allow delegates to see how and why the arts therapies make sense to legal teams who work to support adults and children with brain injuries.
- 16:00 - Dr Jonathan Pool: Jonathan is a researcher with a passionate interest in music therapy; he is also a clinician, specialising in neuro-rehabilitation. In this Masterclass, Jonathan will present the research behind the use of music therapy for people with disorders of consciousness. He will discuss the use of music therapy tools for both adults and children, and he will outline the adaptations made to the adult measure to make it appropriate for use with children.
About the Sponsor
Chroma are the UK’s leading provider of specialist Neurologic Arts Therapies services. Their team of Neurologic Music Therapists (NMT), Art Psychotherapists and Dramatherapists work in partnership with rehabilitation centres of excellence including The Portland & Wellington Hospitals, Hobbs Rehabilitation and Steps Rehabilitation. In addition, Chroma provide community-based Neurologic Arts Therapies services in partnership with case managers and solicitors.